They meet on the 3rd Monday of the month at 4 p.m. Unless notice is given of an alternative venue, all meetings are held at the Edgar M. Bosley Building (Town Office), at 300 Mill Street.
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board acts as an advisory body that issues recommendations to the Commissioners of St. Michaels. For information about our parks click here.
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board:
- Observes park conditions, uses, activities, and programs; reports any needs for maintenance; and recommends policies and best practices
- Interacts with community agencies, citizen groups, donors, and other parties in making recommendations to the Commissioners on the planning, design, development, and enhancement of facilities and programs
- Coordinates approved activities by citizen volunteers
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board has:
- Developed planting plans for the Parks
- Assisted with maintaining Town Park garden beds
- Recommended mitigation planting & plans for street projects
- Created a Town Parks Brochure
- Assisted with development of the Community Garden
- Planned events, including holiday celebrations and the War of 1812 bicentennial
|Marie Martin, Chair||12/31/2017|