The Planning Commission meets on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m. Unless notice is given of an alternative venue, all meetings are held at the Edgar M. Bosley Building (Town Office), at 300 Mill Street.
The Planning Commission prepares and approves the Town Comprehensive Plan covering the lands and waters of the Town.
- oversees plans for major geographic sections or divisions of the Town, including proposed subdivision plats and re-subdivision of existing record plats,
- reviews site plans for compliance with the Town Code,
- recommends boundaries of the various districts and appropriate regulations to be enforced,
- reviews and make recommendations to the Town Commissioners on applications for growth allocation,
- advises the Town Commissioners and Board of Appeals on matters relating to zoning, annexations, applications for special exceptions, and variances when appropriate.
Recent accomplishments include:
- Re-draft of town parking regulations
- Work on documentation necessary to establish a Target Investment Zone within the Town in an effort to make available State and Federal Funding for capital projects for both public and non-profit organizations
|William Frost, Chair||12/31/2017|
|Dorcas McGuiness, Vice-Chair||12/31/2018|